After a good reprimand from a friend, who said I needed to post more of the cute things the boys say or do, I am posting a quick post to do just that.
Ben has always been a good pray-er. But, lately he's been blowing me away with the thoughts he has, and the things he prays for, or about.
In one prayer, he said "Please help the bad guys want to repent and be good guys." I about died. 'Cause neither Joe or I ever prayer for "the bad guys to repent". It wasn't something he was repeating from us. It was something he was thinking about, and knew was a good thing (for bad guys to repent) and so he prayed for it.
And lately, he'll ask about the bad guy on a show...like Zurg, or Scar, etc. He'll ask, "Is he a bad guy?" I say "yeah", he says, "I'm gonna baptize him." I tell him that would be a great idea. He wants these things! I love it.
It is sweet, and I am praying everyday to be able to help him maintain this awesome desire into adulthood.
It has been on my mind, more lately, that parenthood is such an incredible responsibility. We hold these little children in our arms and we are to mold them and help the Lord shape them into the people they are suppose to be -to reach their greatest potential.
Ben has been driving it home, to me, that kids start out full of the spirit and full of the desire to do good. What they learn from us as their parents will either add to that or detract from it. I am ever prayerful for the Lord's help in this great calling of parenthood. Kids! What a blessing! What a responsibility!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's awesome. What a great boy you have.
what a cutie.
It's about dang time! He's hilarious, amazing, an so cute all at the same time.
Holly,
That is so cute! It is a reflection of what a good mother you are. Take credit where credit is due, and keep up the good work.
He is such an adorable, sweet kid! He gets a lot of it from AMAZING parents!!!
Your boys are so bigm crazy how fast times flies. That is so Cute, how smart of him to pray for the bad guys..I love its. Kids really do say the darnest things!
Post a Comment