Thursday, October 15, 2009

Whoohoo Decorating!!




Since moving into our new home, I have acquired the help of my amazingly creative sister Katie for decorating help and advice.(Seriously she has some of the greatest ideas...and has the skills to make the things she thinks of...she's awesome.)
She came up with the ideas for this half wall nook/shelf space. I love it!! She painted and stained the frames for the pictures and then made the staggered Family letter blocks. I just got the blocks and this is the whole space finished. I think it looks pretty good!! I never would have put this together myself. I did, however, have the idea to put the scripture above the door -it's the "Establish a house of etc etc...." (That is my goal for our home.)

Also, Joe has been gone the last two weeks -back at class in Seattle. So, I have kept myself busy (once the boys are asleep) with decorating the master bedroom. I am almost finished and will post pictures soon.(I am waiting for Joe to get home tomorrow to help put up shelves.) This house has been fun to decorate and I'll keep ya posted. I am just happy things are coming together.

6 comments:

Britney said...

WHAT? I had no idea you guys were even moving! Where to? The decorating looks super cute! You have awesome taste and your sister sounds way fun! Love the Family blocks and the colors you painted...I can't wait to see what you do with the master bedroom!

Lalani said...

I love it. So cute!

Brimaca said...

It looks great!!! I love it. The blocks are so cute. I wish you and Katie really were my sisters so I could be in on this stuff! ;)

Tell Lalani to come back to the weight site when you get a chance - k -

Love ya!

Wendy said...

Very cute. Love the family and love the pictures.

Tell Ben and Kade that Auntie Wendy loves them. :)

Holly or Joe said...

Britney-We moved to St. George, ut. We moved in May.

Wendy-I told them. Kade said, "Yes." and Ben said, "Boaz's mom?"

Stan Johnson said...

Yay for decorating!

Looks great, Holly!

All my sisters are deco-stars! ;)