Friday, February 19, 2010

Amazing Things....

Lately both boys have been saying the most wonderful things. I am making post, more to get it written down than to brag...but hey that's a bonus.

Kade

I asked Kade the other day, if he wanted to be a missionary.

He said, "Yes. I want to be a missionary with scriptures." Uh hello -he's two. I was very impressed. And grateful.

One morning the first things Kade said to Joe was, "Hey dada, hey dada, hey dad. Jesus is in the temple."

Kade, at random, came up to me and said, "Hey mama, you're beautiful." Needless to say, I melted and love that both my boys are very complimentary of me and Joe.

We were driving past the temple last night -it was all lit up and I pointed it out to the boys and as we past it, Kade said, "Bye Jesus. Bye. Jesus has to go sleepy. Bye Jesus."

Ben
Ben asked me today, "Mom, will you marry me when I'm and adult?" I love it! I explained that I couldn't but thanked him for asking. ;)

They are growing so fast and are so big. I have learned a lot from them both.
The scripture, "We talk of Chirst, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ and we prophesy of Christ..." has always been one of my favorites. I am not the best missionary (AT ALL) but I remember this scripture when I'm talking to my boys. Teach your child while in his youth comes to mind too. The things we mothers teach our children really does stick, and I am very grateful to the Lord for this fact.

7 comments:

Brimaca said...

I cannot get over how advanced your kids are. Seriously?! So smart. Your kids are complimentary to you because you are complimentary to them, I need to follow your example better!

Cute boys. I can't wait to see them this summer. We'll have to put video recorders on the little ones heads cuz you know they are gonna make trouble.

Brimaca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K said...

Wow, your guys kids are awesome! We are trying to plan a trip through St.George now that we are in AZ, for next time we go to visit Brit;s family in SLC. It will be great to see you guys again.

Camille said...

SO cute and SO sweet! I can't wait till my little one starts saying cute things like this!

Holly or Joe said...

Kevin-call us for sure. I didn't know you guys had moved. I have got to keep up blogging.

Camille -he'll be talking before you know it. It's so fun when they talk

Wendy said...

I just saw this. Where have I been?

I love the natural faith of children. I love the St. George temple.

I want to give the Kade baby a squeeze. I don't think Ben would allow me to give him one, but I'd love to hear him read a book again.

I seriously need a trip to St. George. :)

Stan Johnson said...

Yeah, kids are awesome. :)

I'm glad you're writing these things down; there are just too many cute things that kids say to just let them slide into forgetfulness.