Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Ben.

Today, my first born turns five. How can this be? He was just born and just barely made me a mom. From that first moment, only seconds ago, my heart burst as I looked at this perfect baby boy. How could those seconds really be years? How could the time fly this quickly and change my toothless, chubby thigh-ed, baldy into this big boy who is so capable, independent, bright and amazing?

Ben is such a blessing, such an example, and has been one of my very best friends. He is just more than I could have imagined or wished for. He's been my teacher, my helper, my entertainment and my comforter. And, he only seems to grow more and more incredible everyday.

I could never thank the Lord enough for my Ben; he made me a mom and introduced me to the toughest, and most precious, joyful job and experience I have ever known. I am so grateful.
I am so not perfect, and have so many things I need to improve in myself. I am not always the mom Ben, or my other boys, deserve, but am working on it, and pray every night to be the mom worthy of such remarkable children.

I love you Ben! Thank you for everything! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy birthday Ben. You are such a fun boy. I miss you and watching my boys play with you. It was so much fun last time we were there. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Love Auntie Wendy

Brimaca said...

He really is remarkable. He'll make a great hubby for me fiest Libby. He'll be her balance. :)

Stan Johnson said...

Holy cow... is Ben really already *five*?

*Sighs* Wow. Time really does fly. That means I'm only 3 months away from Rhys being five, too.

Happy Birthday, Ben, even if Uncle Stand isn't great about remembering birthdays (though at least I manage to remember Lucia and the kids...)

Ben really is a fantastic little guy. :)