Thursday, August 15, 2013

Turning Little Jars into Shoes and Bricks

The Lord once preformed a miracle and turned water into wine. Well, in my life, He's done miracle's for me, and in one instance turned pint sized mason jars into church shoes and landscaping bricks. :)

Recently I've started selling things via a online yard sale page. It's been really simple and has helped me de-clutter my house while making money at the same time. As a homemaker, part of my job is to manage the money well. I haven't always been good at it, but as I have grown and learned, I know more ways to cut back costs. I have often prayed for help in doing just that. Yard Sale-ing has been a HUGE blessing to me. The Lord has literally given me a way to help bring in a little extra cash in place of all the stuff we no longer need.

Today, was just *too* perfect a set up to not see as a blessing and an obvious gift from the Lord. It may seem very small, and not all that impressive to anyone else, but to me, it was just incredible. :)

The Little Jars ~First thing this morning, I was meeting a lady to sell a bunch of pint sized mason jars too. I know I will not use for at least the next year or more; I just don't want to can these days, and soon the baby will be here and my hands will be full. (Plus, I love having the open space on my garage shelves!) I was selling them for $8.

The Shoes~ Last week we shopped for school shoes. (Ben is now a size 13.) Then Sunday he mentioned his church shoes were too tight. I thought, "Man, we were just there. We could have gotten church shoes. I guess we'll get them some time this week." Then, our of nowhere, a post appears on the yard sale page. "Boys Church Shoes size 13, $3!"  PERFECT!

The Bricks~ months ago we had a stone/brick-ish wall put up in our front yard. We paid for a certain amount of bricks, but after a few unforeseen stacking needs, we ended up being about 20 bricks short of what we needed. So, our wall has been unfinished for months. Despite Joe reminding me over and over, I never remembered to call the landscape place to have them deliver bricks. (Each brick is anywhere form $4-$6) Last night while looking at the yard sale page, up popped a post for landscaping wall bricks .25 a piece!!! They look very similar in color to mine. I could now buy 20 bricks for $5 instead of $100 give or take!! It was an incredible savings!

So , incase you haven't made the connection....I made $8 this morning for my little pints jars, bought shoes for $3, and bricks for $5. And EVEN swap! My little glass jars literally turned into shoes and bricks for me. I am so thankful that the Lord takes care of our needs and wants. When we desire to do good, He helps us find ways to do it. I want to save money, be more frugal and I am working at it, and this little miracle in my day proves that He is mindful of me and my goals. He will help me achieve great things (like getting out of debt) through small and simple things (like saving money on shoes and bricks.) I am just thankful.

No comments: