


We are now the proud owners of a front yard!!! We've been wanting it for a long time. (It's kinda hard for the hubby to do yard stuff when summer comes early and he's out on fires.) This year we got to it! And, all I can say is Hallelujah. I hear that song in my head when I look at the grass.Joe started out laying the sod by himself....then I came out to help, then a kid showed up, then another (they were boy scouts in our ward, coming to earn more money for camp).....then the Elder Quorum Pres. came, then the Bishop (who is our neighbor) and by the time I left and came back with refreshments...there were six boys total, and five men total. And, then there was Ben throwing rocks in rain puddles and following the scouts around.
We appreciated the service, and gladly paid the boys some moola for their camp. And, only an hour and a half from the time the guy delivered the sod, we had it all finished and were eating donuts. I cannot say how happy I am the have this grass........it's Christmas to me. Ben can now run around outside all day --this yard is like a football field to him. I am soooooo happy.
Thanks Joe for the time and effort put into the whole thing! I know how hard you worked and I appreciate it!!! It looks so awesome. We are now officially old people who sit out and just stare at our yard. (We gotta get some rocking chairs.)
9 comments:
YAY YAY!!! Looks awesome! Ben and Kade are gonna have SOOO much fun on it! Yay! I love the picture of Ben sitting there watching hahah so cute!
YAY!! That rocks! Fun for your boys to run and play on the sod! PS Good luck for Joe this summer, be safe.
YAY!!!Im so excited for you . I know sod is more expensive but to have a law in an hour and a half is so worth it. Im so glad you had people there to help you. We would have come if we had known!!! Jarod and I laid half that much sod by ourselves and it almost killed us, Joe would have been half dead without help.It looks great I cant wait to come play on your grass!
Katie-I can't wait for you to come play either!! And, I wouldn't have asked you guys to drive all this way to lay sod....I'm mean to hang out, but not to work. ;D
I think it is absolutly wonderful that your ward family stepped up. I love that they saw what you were doing and dropped what they were doing to help. Don't you just love the Church?
Your lawn looks beautiful. If I was you, I would just sit and look at the grass too.
Be sure to keep it watered well for the first few weeks and let it take root. The first time you get out the lawn mower, you should have a party and invite lots of people. I'm sorry I don't live close enough to help you with the party.
I'm very happy for you.
Wow! Great Work, looks amazing!
I am SO jealous! We aren't aloud to put any new grass in if you don't already have it. Our backyard needs some sod right now, but it's really pricey around here! Nice grass!! :)
Congratulations! The front yard looks way nice! The boys will have so much fun playing on that this summer I bet! You are funny with the Hallelujahs! I love it!
I want to see it in real life!!!! I'm a singin' too. I don't know how you lived that long without it. :)
Post a Comment