Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Week Without Dad.

This will be a short post - even as I type Kade is struggling with something and I can hear he's on the verge of freakin' out.....Oh, he stopped. He must have reached what he wanted.
This past week Joe has been gone. We've missed him! And, I have felt busier than normal..maybe 'cause my awesome hubby hasn't come home each evening to rescue me, to talk to me, and to kiss me. ;)

The boys have been great, but they are bored with me. The dogs would kill to go on a long run. Kade had an allergic reaction to something -to which his body was covered in hives and his right ear swelled to twice the normal size. (I hate being alone in these cases....going to the doctor and the unrest and "what ifs")

But, Joe will be home in a few hours! I am excited. I KNOW Ben can't wait to see him. Yesterday he said, "I miss my dad." and then got teary-eyed and sad. Ben is bound to go crazy when Joe walks in the door today!

Our noses are pressed up against the window waiting for Joe to pull up. We love it when Dad comes home!

4 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

That's just so darn cute! I hate when Jacob is out of town also...all the what ifs and just plain being alone. Glad that you have made it through the week. :) You should post picture of when Joe comes home and Ben's reaction. :)

Brimaca said...

Yay. Daddy is home now. Libby was so excited when Caleb came home. It was way past her bed time but she just followed him around oohhing and cooing. Malachi has been attatched to his hip. How was Ben's reaction?

Wendy said...

Craig was gone all week too. The boys love me I know, but there is something specail about daddy.

Craig has better instincts when it comes to playing with them. He has more patience to watch them at the playstation. He joins in the burbing and other icky noises, and topics, that the boys love.

He is Boaz's biggest and most favorite toy. Boaz will sit on him and jump on him and bounce on him as long as Craig will let him. And that is much longer than I will.

And I missed him too. Yes, it is good when Daddy comes home.

Camille said...

Aw...that's cute...I miss my Dad too!