Thursday, October 2, 2008

READ THIS BOOK!!!


My friend recently reccommended this book to me. We both always seem to need the same things in life at the same time as each other. She found it helpful for her, and thus suggested I read it too.
I have been called to repentance and am excited to have been. I have not been the wife I have always wanted to be. I have not seen things from the view point of my husband. Although I thought I had good reasons for my behavior or attitude or what have you -I have been horrible. I have not had my priorities in the best order. I have been tired for no reason, been grouchy for no reason, been rude and even disrespectful, and at many times felt justified, because "I was doing so much for the kids/home/my own needs." Can you believe that?! Am I 28 years old or 2? How ridiculous I've been. For sheesh!
This is not easy to admit "publicly", but I have been such a baby, and so self-centered, without really knowing it. And, we women think our husbands are"doin' fine" because they don't complain -but really they are struggling and are doing their best to "suck it up".
I HIGHLY recommend this book to ANY married woman! It opens your eyes and allows you to see things clearer and challenges you to adjust your priorities! I am very thankful for this book. And, I am glad I now can think of my role as a wife and mother with a new view and perspective. I am grateful for a hubby who has been so great despite my childishness and selfishness.
Women, we have a calling- the highest calling- to be a wife and queen. We need to be making our marriages and husbands the top priority. Read the book. Maybe all of you are already amazing, adn maybe I am the only one who needs to repent -how would I know?- still, it would be a good investment of time and money to get this book!

6 comments:

Brimaca said...

Dang it I hate when I'm wrong. I hate that this book makes me see that I'm wrong. Ok so like I said on my blog, I've needed it. We'll be better together. Don't focus on what you've been doing wrong or you'll get overwhelmed and depressed. Just change and do better and let the past be the past.

Holly or Joe said...

Yep -we'll help each other. And, I will focus on the good and not dwell on past mistakes.....but still, I think we women can difficult sometimes, and for that -i feel bad.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Well, I'm glad that you posted about this. I think I'm gonna look for it online right now. I think ANYONE can benefit from these kind of books that help you put your husband first and remember his needs. It's easy for me to think that I am justified to feel the way I do because I chase a 3 year old all day and clean the house, do the laundry, make dinner, run errands, etc. Guess I need a re-evalution. LOL

Wendy said...

I recently said that I should Craig he is amazing more often. He responded that 2 or 3 times a day would do it. I think I've been stingy with praise. And yet I constantly look for him to praise me.

I think I should check the book out.

Holly or Joe said...

Mindy -I hope you do get the book and then give it to every married woman you know. It is sooo what we women need to hear, but never knew we needed to hear. It is well worth the money. I got mine at deseret book.

Wendy-I am not the best at making sure I praise regularly either. I remember to with the boys...'cause I want to raise them with high self esteem and confidence...but I never thought to help Joe maintain his by genuine praise and compliments. This really is a good book.

Camille said...

oh man Hol, I haven't read the book and I'm pretty sure I need to repent. Thanks for the suggestion, i'm gonna look it up tomorrow.