Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just So I Remember...

Yesterday I took the boys to the splash park. But, we went a little later in the day then usual -instead of mid-morning, it was more around lunch time. I hadn't thought to pack lunches until I was driving. So, I swung into Arby's and bought us the little 79 cent jr. roast beef sandwiches. (Mmmmm.)

After awhile of playing, the boys sat to eat. After a few bites, Kade stopped eating, looked up at me and said, "Thanks mom, for the roast beef sandwich. It tastes really good." Ben then said thank you also.

I was impressed with the fact that he -a two year old, thought to stop and thank me. (Though he says thanks all the time, this was just different.) Also, I am ever impressed, yet still surprised sometimes, by both boys and their verbal skills. Kade's sentences were just funny to hear coming out of a two year old's mouth. Cute memory.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

He had two correct, complete sentences. That is amazing. Some complex construction too.

What a cutie boy.

I love that splash park. Hopefully we'll be able to play there again next month. :)

Lalani said...

What a great kid.

Brimaca said...

I've never met a two-year old who speaks as well as he does (except maybe Ben). Amazing. And you are raising some sweet, thoughtful boys. Either one will make a perfect husband for my Libby someday. :)