Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sorry, but It's a Fart Story.

Lately, Ben has been a major gas machine. Who knows why, but he is passing it all the time. He thinks it's funny (yet, it doesn't help, I admit, that I laugh sometimes when he does this.) He'll always say excuse me and giggle.

Anyway, it crossed my mind that he might be farting at preschool or in church. So, I asked him. He smiled and stated, "Yeah! (like duh) When it's gotta come out, it's gotta come out."
I thought, "Wonderful. How long has he been farting in front of other people?"

So, I told him it wasn't polite to pass gas in public -he asked what "public" was and I thought I explained well enough.
What's funny is, that almost everwhere we go, he'll ask me or Joe, "Are we in public?" If we say, "Yes." and he'll say, "Okay, then I'll wait."
I'm glad he has learned now that "it doesn't have to come out when it wants to come out." I am glad he's now trying to be more polite. Still, I think I have -no doubt- created this monster habit....Be careful what ya laugh at moms. ;)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

He would have laughed if you laughed or not. The males species just knows it's funny.

Brimaca said...

I told you - we just let our kids fart as long as they say excuse me or I beg your pardon. I think farts are funny all the time!