Today, we had the Tuff Kid Run, in St. G. Ben and Kade (along with their best friend N.) ran the "whole" way in the cold and rain. (It was 200 meters -next time we'll do the 1/2 mile.) They are no doubt "tuff" kids; they didn't seem to notice the weather at all. They were having a blast. Cami walked with the boys to the starting line, while I took the younger two back to the finish line to await the finishers and snap pictures! I admit I got teary eyed and choked up at seeing this herd of children run towards me, knowing that my boys were in that crowd somewhere doing something new and giving it their all. They did such a good job and finished strong they were pretty proud of themselves. I love getting the kids out to do these positive things and to have new experiences. My grandpa once said, "If you want smart kids, give them experiences." And that is so simple and so true. Yes, they run around all the time, but not in this setting and not with a goal in mind. (Today's goal was to run the whole way and never give up. They achieved it.) I had a great time and so did they. I plan to make this a family tradition!
Saturday, January 21, 2012
The Tuff Kid Race
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is awesome. I bet Jane would love to do something like this. She is always following me around the track. :D
You should look for one somewhere -there has to be a kid run or at least a family run somewhere in Vegas. IF NOT, St. G isn't too far away to make a day trip to come up and do one here. There a TONS of race for kids and families in St. g. Check out www.stgcity.org and look for the SGR (saint george races) logo and you can see what's happening next. I love these kinds of things for my kids, 'cause I want them to do these things later in life too. It's one of those "....good repot or praiseworth..." things that i want them to seek after.
If you're already showing her the example of being healthy and exercising, you should take the next step and tell her she's "big enough now" to go out and do these things too. THat woudl be wonderful! My boys felt pretty excited and are dying to do more races. I LOVE it.
Awesome! Mr M is running one in March. Miss L is undecided.
Post a Comment