Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Teeth Craziness and Other things to Remember


Kade recently had a big teeth overhaul. Awhile ago, he fell and bonked his chin pretty hard on a bench. His teeth clinked together and the result was a dead tooth. For many reasons, the dentist figured the best thing to do was just to remove the tooth....and, to fore go a hillbilly look, we removed both front teeth. (Having them both gone at the same time will also allow the new teeth to grow in easier/straighter.) So, he now has no front teeth. He was able to keep his teeth to turn over to the tooth fairy. Also, he had cavities in two molars that had reached deep enough that "caps" were the only way to fill them in. SO, he now has two "robot teeth." I hate the little silver things, but they're a means to an end. Having healthy mouths are more important than aesthetics. He did really well at the office and is totally his energetic self and not bothered by the missing teeth -however, when eating a pear today he stopped after a few bites and declared, "I need more teeth for this." :) He's just a hoot! And, I'm glad we're not worrying about teeth for awhile. Also, when I first brought him home, Joe was out walking with the other boys -I called him and they were on their way home. I asked Kade if he wanted anything "water, applesauce or a show." He simply answered, "I want my bother." Less than a second later, Ben walked in the door. It was very sweet. I am glad my boys love each other the way they do.
Ben recently took a flower to a little girl in his class that he's liked from the start of school. Her name is Maddy. Joe had recently given me flowers, and so we let him take one of mine. I asked him about giving the flower to her and how it went. He waited in the hall for her to get there, so no other girls would see. (some still did) He said he was embarrassed (i think he meant nervous), then he said, "And, this leg felt like it was gonna make me fall over." He was actually that nervous, that he felt he might fall over. So cute. Ben isn't out to romance this girl or anything; and we're not encouraging "boyfriend/girlfriend" situations, but he thinks of this little girl and wants to do nice things for her. I'll always allow that. He just thought she'd like aflower, eventhough he asked "why do girls like flowers so much?" :) I hope my boys will be thoughtful, sweet young men and awesome husbands! I believe they will be.
Here's Carter after his second hair cut. Joe said, "Now you look like my son." It's nice to have him looking a little more groomed these days. It's not as "buzz" cut as it looks in the picture. I faded the sides, and looks like the older boys. His hair was getting pretty wild for a while. He's getting so big!I love this little man.

2 comments:

Gene and Jenna said...

I'm so glad Ben is a sweetheart! But he has such good parents, so it's no surprise:) Camrynn tells me some of the things that boys do in her school and it amazes me that they treat girls/others this way. Parents are not taking the time to teach their children how to treat others anymore:( So I am glad you are letting him do nice things for this girl, he will grow up to be such a gentleman!

Brimaca said...

I think I might cut D's tomorrow too. It's just to wild. And your boys are so darn sweet. You are a great example to me of good parenting!