Saturday, June 15, 2013

Quite a Week.

Tuesday, grandma took Ben and Kade up north to visit great-grandma Hafen (my grandma). They always love going on trips with grandma, and were excited for whatever she had planned. They spent Tuesday and Saturday driving, so they were only there for three full days. They had a blast! (to say the least) They went to Bear Lake, which was both of their favorite parts. And, they got real cowboy boots! Great-grandma had the idea to buy the boys boots, and they were excited she wanted to.

Mom relayed the story to me, but as to not forget it, I'll write it down.
They all walked into the cowboy shop that great-grandma had been shopping in forever. She turned to the boys and said, "We came here to buy you boys cowboy boots!"
Kade's face lit up, his eyes widened, and his mouth opened and gasped with excitement (this boy loves any and all boots)
Great-grandma laughed, and said, "I've been paid a million dollars with that expression." She was more than happy to know how much the boys really wanted and would enjoy the boots she had wanted to get them.

The boys went to see Ephraim's Rescue, a movie just released that highlights the service of Ephraim K. Hanks our ancestor (my Great great great grandpa). They really liked the show. They ate at great places, they got a couple video games, and were all around happy boys. I'm glad they had a great time, and that they got to do so many fun things. The only bad thing was no pictures. Mom forgot her camera.

Joe and I had just Carter for two days. It was crazy to just have one kid around. We went out to eat, and went to the store. I don't know about Joe, but I felt like a young married couple. :)
On Thursday, Joe left for Youth Conference. He's a leader for the teachers. They went to Las Vegas and visited Nellis Airforce Base, the Hoover Dam, rode the big roller coaster at the NYNY.
Carter and I were home alone during the day, all week, and home alone for the night while Joe was gone. I loved being able to talk to him and have long conversations. He is just the funniest little guy. He's really thoughtful in his humor too. Since the bigger boys were undoubtedly being spoiled by grandma, I spoiled Carter with popsicles along with a lot of attention. :)
Joe came home from Youth Conference, went right to work to do homework, and didn't get home till midnight, all with the plan to wake up and go up to SLC to attend cousin Cooper's temple endowment session. Because the session was early, I opted out, knowing it's be a loooooong day. Then we later found out the session wasn't so early, which meant we could have slept longer, and I could have gone, darn it. But, I was glad to be home when the boys came home. I had missed them.

It was a full week for everyone -although Carter and I had it easy- all in all it was full of things to do, and memories made. :)

No comments: