Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Another Little Boy.........

Joe and I found out that we're expecting another little boy. I hate to admit that I was disappointed when I heard the news. I felt for sure I'd have a girl put into this mix of men around me. Yet, there's a song I've loved since a teenager, and in it, it says,
 
"All I ever wanted, all I ever dreamed of,
everything I hoped, and all the things I prayed for,
couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given.
I've been given what I need."
 
And, for me I went into the ultrasound knowing that whatever we were having it was what I'd need, and knowing that would help me feel perfectly fine. But, I didn't feel perfectly fine. When the thought of no nail polish or hair bows or purple baby stuff, and barbies came to mind, I did feel pretty sorry for myself. I hate that I cried. I feel bad for not jumping for joy that I was having this boy. This whole person, who I will LOVE and honestly can't wait to meet -I cried because I wanted new girlie décor and new frilly clothes. I'm sorry.
 
I love that the Lord knows me better than that. Even when He knows that I've been dreaming of girlie stuff and frills, He knows that I'd very soon not care about nail polish and hair bows, and that basically I would be focusing on raising a good child. And, because of that, he blessed me to get to raise child I need -another good BOY! The Lord has sent down these incredible spirits to me. I can't take too much credit for their incredible beings. But, I will always do my best to help them stay incredible and guard them from this world and teach them all (if anything) that I can. This world will always need good men, and I have always been so much better instinctively around boys. I was a bit of a tomboy, my best friends (till college days) were boys, and raising the three boys I already have, has just felt natural to me. So, I have no doubt that raising boys is what I'm built for. :) I love my three boys, and they are excited to welcome a new little buddy in to the family. Joe said it proves to be a great compliment that the Lord is giving us another man to raise. I believe that too.
 
Very honestly, I am thankful to be adding a fourth boy. Nothing will "hold a candle to what I've been given." I've always been given "what I need." I can't wait to meet this little guy come the end of November!!

No comments: