Today I took the boys to buy books -a principle was selling lots of books for $1 a piece- and I never pass up a chance to buy books!! The boys could spend their $5 on whatever books they wanted. Kade happened to buy a very special gem called Big Cats. Kade enjoys book with facts especially animal facts, and these days his favorite animals are...you guessed it....big cats. It just so happened to be a level 2 reading book. After flipping through it I knew HE could read this book! There couldn't have been a better blessing given at such a perfect time, then this perfect book with the perfect reading level and about a perfect topic for Kade to finally realize he was a reader! (That's too many "perfects" not to be Heaven sent!)
I encouraged him to start reading, and very soon into the book he gained confidence that he could read this book! He read the whole book himself (save a few words here and there). Kade read his first book today -a 48 page book that says "Grades 1-3" on it. Whoohoo! Reading is everything! And, I've always wanted the boys to love to read and want to read. Kade starts Kindergarten in about a month and he's already reading so well! I love that he'll be ahead of the game. I love the confidence he'll have. If a kid can start off school with confidence, then nothing can stop them! He can always be ahead of the game if we keep him moving forward. And, of course, we WILL! I love that Kade feels confident, and SO excited that he can say 100% that he's a reader! YAY KADE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment