Saturday, August 9, 2008

A BIG Change!

Joe said I could post the news, so here goes.

Joe got the job he put in for in St. George. So, yep, we're moving! CRAZY! At least I already know St.George, so it won't be a total -"where the heck am I"-kind of move. But still.....new house, new neighborhood, new ward. I am a little nervous, but still excited.

There are so many more things to do in St. George. And, the best thing of all is that Joe will no longer be gone for six months out of the year fighting fires. He'll generally be home every night for dinner. Whoo!

And, the second best thing is that the temple is right there!! I have a goal to go to the temple at LEAST twice a month...hopefully more. And, at least once a month with Joe. I already know I will enjoy going there. The St.George temple holds a ton of personal meaning for me and my family, so I'm excited to visit it regularly. (I 'll go for all of you who live too far to go every month!)

We haven't really looked at houses yet, we have to wait for some paper work to come in. So, we don't know exactly when we're going. My guess is a few months....maybe. (I really have no idea.)

10 comments:

Lalani said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting for you! Yay for Joe!

The Littlefields said...

YAY!! Congrats to Joe for getting the position. That will be so fun to move there, because I'm no longer in Cedar I don't have to feel sad that you're moving. :) How exciting. You'll have to keep us posted with details.

Katie said...

you still have to have your next baby in Cedar.. The extra hour drive at 2 am would do me in.. lol

Holly or Joe said...

Katie -I'll mett ya half way on the side of the raod, beteen Cedar and St. George, to make it easier on ya. I know you're not as young and spry as you once were being thrity and all. ;)

Holly or Joe said...

Man I had a lot of spelling errors there.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Congrats to Joe! That will be so nice for you to have Joe home so much more. :) So awesome for your boys too.

Brimaca said...

Just as you started at a new ward. :) Being I will still live hours and hours away from you I don't have to care so much either. :)

Wendy said...

I love St. George. I know that you will love it too. I'm so happy for you. Yea for family dinners every night. Yea for having a temple right in town. Yea for being closer to your family in Vegas. Yea for all the new people that you will meet and love. This will be great.

Jaime said...

Yay! That is SWEET!!! Tell Joe congratulations, we are so excited for you guys! (and only a little jealous... we have always wanted to live there hehe...)

K said...

I am sooooo happy for you guys. Joe being home is going to be so great for all of you. Congrats on the job Joe, you deserve it!