So, I need Advice!!
Leaving the room -the hanging blankets, the wall thingy with books in it, the white magnet board.
Staying in the room-the coat and hat holders. The wall colors-I painted less than a year ago. Church pics, but I need to do something with them instead of them just floating.
Debated over -the Precious Moments pics stay/go or color frames black? What do you all think? Any other suggestions with anything else are more than welcome.
Now - Above the chair-rail molding (which lines the whole room, and separates the blue and white) I want to put Black vinyl wording all around the whole room. I only want to have short scripture/church related phrases, and I need help figuring which phrase to use...........for example:"I will go and do what the Lord hath commanded.", "Search ponder and pray","Called to serve Him"........'kay, now what others? Please suggest anything that comes to mind. Thank you -I need all the help I can get.
12 comments:
I actually think the shelf with the books make the room look more masculine. I really think you should leave it even though you have it planned to move it. I like the precious moments paintings but I think painting the frames black would make a huge difference.
Quote: So this is a little long but maybe you could shorten it how you want if it interests you. I think it is powerful. Instead of typing it all out look at Romans 8:38-39. I also love verse 31. I realize these might not work but wanted to share them anyway ;)
Also I love Mosiah 2:17 "When ye are in the service of your fellow being ye are only in the service of your God."
I have a plaque that has Pres. Hinkley's Be's on it. Be humble, be prayerful, etc. That could be good.
So I'll keep my eye out for shorter, good scriptures or quotes.
I agree that painting the picture frames black will go a long way. It will be a really good contrast, and would tie in with the vinyl letters (are the letters black, too?) But perhaps you could put something else in the frames besides the precious moments, like maybe the church pictures and/or family pictures? As for phrases, hmm.. maybe go down the list of primary songs/hymns, etc:
"I love to see the Temple" (with a picture of a Temple above it)
"I am a Child of God"
"Jesus says love everyone" (picture of Jesus above it)
"Search, Ponder, and Pray"
"Follow the Prophet" (with a picture of Pres. Monson and/or 1st Presidency)
"Teach me to walk in the light"
"Count your many blessings"
"Be thou Humble"
(P.S. Bet you wouldn't have guessed that this is Brady and not Patrice! She left our blog open when she went to get groceries and I decided to try this whole blog-stalking thing. I see now how it can become a bit addicting! :)
"Return with Honor"
"I am a Child of God"
I would go a little darker on the wall color. Baby blue looks more baby-ish.
I also think the precious moments pictures are cute, but make it very baby-ish. Why not just replace the pictures with sports stuff, animals, cars, something they like.
These are all just ideas, my childrens rooms are all white with nothing on the walls!! So I am not really the person you should take advice from!
I think that if you got some Book of Mormon pictures up on the walls it would make the room more mature. Maybe pick up a picture of the temple.
I think the wording idea is great.
You could use some of the 13th Article of Faith: Honest, true, chaste, benevolent, etc. I love the scripture from Josh 24:15 "Choose ye this day whom ye will serve, as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (This scripture is why my oldest boy is named Josh) I also love the Sons of Helaman story in Alma 53:20 "And they were all young men,and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all -- they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
Of course there is 2 Ne 1:21 "Arise from the dust, my sons, and be men"
I like the idea of picking phrases out of the Children's Songbook too. "Follow the Prophet" I love the song "A Child's Prayer"
There are so many to choose from. I think you should pick a theme and then go from there. Or maybe a theme for each wall. If you get me going I might take over. So I will sit down and be quiet.
I think your wall color is fine, just change your pictures and art. Pick art that has bolder colors and stronger images. I can see Moroni as he is buring the plates and Mormon with all the records. George Washington praying at Valley Forge would be a good one too. And of course a picture of Chirst. You have lots of options. I'm sure you will find something that you love and that will inspire the boys.
THANK YOU THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! So far -very good!!!
So I like the idea of making the picture frames black. You could also paint them dark blue or red. Whatever color you pick, you could also paint the coat-hanger and the bookshelf that color, too.
You could replace the Precious Moments with pictures of Scripture Heros like Captain Moroni or Nephi. (I am thinking of the ones in the picture BOM)Or even bigger versions of the little ones you have already.
I like the ideas of using phrases from primary songs for the border.
A darker blanket for Kade's bed would pull out more of the dark colors from everywhere in the room and make it a little more mature.
hooch- how about staining the picture frames the same dark color as the wood in the room. i think that would tie it all together, plus it's different than black 'cause you have a lot of black in the house elsewhere. if i think of good scriptures or sayings I'll let ya know
well I guess I'm a little late cuz you've gotten lots of great comments. So I guess all I have to say is that when you're done with the room I hope you post pictures of it. Especially the wording boarder deal you're thinkin' about, sounds like a great idea, and very cute.
HOLLY THERE ARE SOME AMAZING LITTLE KID SCRIPTURE HERO PICS THAT I THINK WOULD MAKE THE ROOM MORE MATURE BUT STILL KID LIKE AS WELL. ALSO THEY HAVE BROWNS IN THEM AND THE DARK WOOD FRAMES WOOD LOOK BETTER I THINK WITH THE BLUE THEN BLACK. AND IT WOULD BE A LILLTLE SOPFTER. YOU COULD ALSO MAKE THE VINYL LETTER SAYINGS MATCH THE PICS ON THE WALL , IF YOU DID THEM IN A BROWN VINYL I THINK YOU WOULD LIKE THAT LOOK BETTER THAN THE BLACK.. PS I HAVE A CRICUT AND I CAN CUT THE SAYINGS FOR YOU IF WE COME DOWN THANKSGIVING
HOLLY THERE ARE SOME AMAZING LITTLE KID SCRIPTURE HERO PICS THAT I THINK WOULD MAKE THE ROOM MORE MATURE BUT STILL KID LIKE AS WELL. ALSO THEY HAVE BROWNS IN THEM AND THE DARK WOOD FRAMES WOOD LOOK BETTER I THINK WITH THE BLUE THEN BLACK. AND IT WOULD BE A LILLTLE SOPFTER. YOU COULD ALSO MAKE THE VINYL LETTER SAYINGS MATCH THE PICS ON THE WALL , IF YOU DID THEM IN A BROWN VINYL I THINK YOU WOULD LIKE THAT LOOK BETTER THAN THE BLACK.. PS I HAVE A CRICUT AND I CAN CUT THE SAYINGS FOR YOU IF WE COME DOWN THANKSGIVING
Katie- I was hoping you could do the lettering for me....:D I already planned to ask ya, I just wanted to get the phrases figured out first.
I haven't visited the blogging world for quite some time, and Kayla told me I needed to. So, in looking at yours, I came up with a possible scripture for you. We talked about this a couple of weeks ago in Sunday School:
3 Nehpi 13:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
I always think what better treasure than our children. Anyway, just a thought.
Post a Comment