Thursday, November 6, 2008

Changes Up & Downstairs! Whoohoo!

New lookin' living room......well,the two walls I guess.........
The shelves are the same...but the swing will leave soon and the chair might soon be replaced and then turned outward toward the couches.I just wanted to show people the gist of the whole wall now.
The new bookshelf -not expensive, but a huge difference. Some new pics and frames. New vases and "nick-knacks. Joe and I both LOVE black and simple, so this fits us better than the old one I had from college.
A few changes to the things on the wall -magazine rack moved over and new TV thingy! Same clock from before. (Now that I am looking at it I need to more it over to center it a little more.)
New tv armoire, picture frames and cool square bowl thingy. I was glad to get rid of my big bulky thing from-again- my college days. And, Joe was happy, 'cause inside is a new flat screen tv. Nice. And, yes I need something to balance the other side.....but what?
We made these changes 'cause we put all the toys downstairs. We no longer wanted our living room to be filled with random toys everywhere, while the downstairs was hardly touched. And, that way if people just "show up" we wouldn't be embarrased about all the mess. This can now be our "adult-ish" room.
Here are some pics of the basement changes. (For those of you who know my house, you'll know the changes made.....I don't want to go over everything. And, man look at the crazy toy madness.
Reading nook!!!!! I've got to finish bringing all the books from the boys' room....But this will be nice! (Magnet board and different pics coming soon.)
Ta-da! There's the new things in the house. I am happy to have made the changes! More changes to come.....even though we're still not sure about the St. George move. Ahhh(whole other story)

6 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

SO nice! You always had a way of arranging things. :) Looks really good. Good luck with whatever you have left to do.

Brimaca said...

I love it!!!!! the armoire is awesome and matches your house sooo much better. I want it! REally I love everything. I can't wait to see it all in person here in a few weeks. :) I'm so excited. I love all the changes you guys have made to the house and I really hope you decide not to move. We want to get all new bookshelves too but for now there are so many other things on my list....sewing machine, hardwood floors, concrete patio, etc. unfortunately my list goes on.

Wendy said...

Very nice. I love the classical, uncluttered look. Unfortunatly I have clutter issues. Oh well, something to work on (always)

The utter toy madness makes that house a home with children. I love it.

njohnson said...

hooch- so wheres the TV from downstairs and joe's desk.. i couldnt see the whole living room downstairs in that shot. NICE new stuff though sister. good job making it "adultish" =)

Holly or Joe said...

Nat- The tv, from upstairs replaced the one from downstairs, and is in the same spot as before.

Joe's desk is gone, when got another armoire for it, and now it's in the karate room. Saves a ton of space!

Gene and Jenna said...

Hey!! Good to see you on here! I like the changes it looks great! What's this about St. George move?!