Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Croup Attacks!

About five days ago, Ben woke up in the middle of the night crying, coughing and wheezing. The sound of everything (the barking cough mainly) freaked him out, and I had to help him calm down and focus on breathing. It was sad. I looked up all the info I could on croup to figure out what I was in for -croup is scary. He slept with me for the next two nights. (Joe is out of town for two weeks.)
Well, Kade's been hit with croup now -i expected nothing less. Last night was rough. But, I pulled him into bed with me and stayed up almost all night listening to his breathing and adjusting him to help him sleep. Croup wont affect me being pregnant so there's no concern there.
There have been so many times when the boys get really sick when Joe's out of town. It's not easy, but any time it's happened, the Lord blesses me to remain calm, and I constantly feel inspired on how I should take care of them. He gives me the energy I need -even when pregnant- to handle big situations alone, and that is probably the greatest blessing. I would always rather have Joe here to help and to lean on, but I am grateful that the Lord is mindful of me, so that I know I can always lean on Him.

No comments: