Saturday, September 18, 2010

Apples and Ice Cream


The picking fruit adventures continue! I have mentioned before the times I've taken the boys out to pick cherries and peaches, well I finally took them out to pick apples! There is a huge apple orchard in Springdale, which is close to Zions National Park. They have a few different varieties of apples to pick, but the green apples were the best ones when we went. Grandma Lana, Aunt Nattie the boys and I all drove out to pick our fill. It was so fun! And, being by Zions, we were surrounded by gorgeous scenery.
I didn't get any pics of the apple picking, but I remembered the camera for the ice cream afterwards. There was a store at the orchard where you'd pay for your apples and where you could buy other organic treats. We all sat on the lawn and ate ice cream. It was a beautiful Fall day! I love these opportunities to get out with the boys and enjoy nature. Ben might be old enough to remember this experience, but Kade probably isn't, so I am determined to make these fruit picking adventures a yearly tradition -and maybe get Joe out there too. What better way to make memories, get outdoors, and get great food for great prices? Plus, I just love picking fruit. :)

No comments: