Carter is now three weeks old. Crazy! And, though Joe's been home most of these weeks, I've had a few days alone to get an idea of what life is like Me vs. Three. It has been a mix of good and totally do-able, to a little hectic and unnerving. But, all in all I think we'll all survive this change.
The night time feedings are still hard to get use too. But, Carter is pretty consistent on when he wakes up to eat, and he's pretty good to go right back to sleep -so far. There have been a few nights where he's stayed up visiting with me for a while though. ;) But, I don't mind that too much.
Carter is a pretty happy little guy; although, lately I've eaten a combination of acidic foods, dairy and veggies, so he's had some gassy, sad days. I've had to be reminded of just all the foods you shouldn't eat for a while -there are so many. Still, he's pretty calm.
Ben and Kade are still liking the new addition. They kiss him and get excited when he's awake, and they'll talk to him. It's nice.
Kade potty trained himself which was EXTREMELY unexpected, so the week Carter came home Kade was in undies, accident free, and using the potty like he's been trained for years. Joe can't stop saying, "That kid is amazing.", 'cause Kade just waltz's in and goes (he's even changed the tissue roll when it ran out.) Crazy -but really nice.
Ben has been the same reliable little man he always has been. He helps me with everything and has been pretty low maintenance since Carter came home. He's doing great in school and is having his first "friend" birthday party next week. Crazy -he'll be five.
This has been a long journal type post, but I want to remember a few highlights of our first weeks as a new family of five.
Friday, December 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOVE that Kade changes the TP roll! What sweet boys you have:)
Not surprised that your boys are doing well with the baby. They are great kids. They have fabulous parents. LOVE the picture of Carter on the sidebar!
Little Carter is beautiful. He does look perfect! I love the hat too so cute.
It wasn't very long at all. And I am soooo jealous of the potty-training thing. Oh my stubborn little Lib. I wonder when she'll decide she truly wants to be trained.
Post a Comment