Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sweet Brothers.

Tonight, Kade was not obeying and as a consequence he had to go to bed without reading two books. (which is apart of the bed time routine.) It was strictly business. Once Ben was in bed and Kade knew I was serious, he was crying and very upset. (But, there's no giving in once the decision is made and consequences handed out.)
Anyway, pretty quickly he stopped crying, and I could hear the boys talking. I stopped and listened to hear what they were saying.
Kade told Ben he had wanted a story, and so Ben offered to tell him one. When he was finished Ben asked,"Was that a good story?" Kade said, "Yes! Tell me another one." So Ben started, "Once upon a time" -which was followed by a story of aliens and other boy things. After that was a "Hulk" story and then a "Buzz" story.
They are actually still in there telling each other stories even as I type this post. I love their relationship. I love that they are close. I am grateful for good boys who love each other and take care of one another. As a parent we can't always be our kids' best friend and simply make them happy all the time -they have to learn "choice and consequence". That's why I am grateful for siblings, who can love us through rough times.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

That is so great. I bet Ben has some really awesome stories. I miss those boys. :)

Holly or Joe said...

Thanks Wendy! Ben and Kade talked for an hour! -and Kade actually at lasted Ben. It was so cute to here their imaginations run wild. I'd sneak a listen every now and then to hear what they were saying. Hilarious stuff!

Lalani said...

That is wonderfully sweet.

Alisha said...

What sweet little guys!

Brimaca said...

Sweetest. Thing. Ever.