surgery. He colored, visited with everybody and was his typical happy self. I saw a little hint of nervousness when the doctors came to wheel him away from me, but not enough nervousness to make him get upset or cry. He just trusted me and took it in stride. The surgery lasted about an hour and they said Kade did great. AS he was coming too, the nurse asked him if he wanted water or juice -he said no, he wanted root beer. Since all the nurses loved him by this point the nurses searched the whole office and found two cans for him. It was nice. Kade healed quickly and was running around by the end of the day. When I go into his room to check on him at night, I don't hear his snoring and it's so crazy. I'm so glad he's sleeping better and hearing better too. Kade is the toughest little guy -he is so strong and handles hard situations with confidence and maturity. I was impressed with his intelligence, his calm relaxes nature and love that he was such an awesome patient during the whole surgery. I am a lucky mama!
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Kade's Surgery
This blog has now official become my journal for family events, since I finally started turning it into tangible blog books. So, since it's already been two weeks, I really need to get to the story of Kade and his ear tube and adenoid surgery. After many years of snoring and runny noses, and a month of Kade saying "What?" and "Huh?" along with his volume getting higher and higher, the doctor recommended he get ear tubes and have his adenoids removed. Kade is not the kind of kid who is scared of anything, so when his surgery came, early in the morning, Kade was all smiles and ready to go. Kade is so social and loves people. He was so cute with the nurses and said a HUGE "Thank you!" when they presented him with a little bear for having to have a surgery. He talked to everybody and was hilarious. Nurses would tell the other nurses about the funny things he'd say and more nurses would come over to meet him. It was so cute. Every one commented on how smart he was and how well he talked. (Both are very true.) I helped him into a cute little tiger print hospital gown and got to sit with him for a half hour before the
surgery. He colored, visited with everybody and was his typical happy self. I saw a little hint of nervousness when the doctors came to wheel him away from me, but not enough nervousness to make him get upset or cry. He just trusted me and took it in stride. The surgery lasted about an hour and they said Kade did great. AS he was coming too, the nurse asked him if he wanted water or juice -he said no, he wanted root beer. Since all the nurses loved him by this point the nurses searched the whole office and found two cans for him. It was nice. Kade healed quickly and was running around by the end of the day. When I go into his room to check on him at night, I don't hear his snoring and it's so crazy. I'm so glad he's sleeping better and hearing better too. Kade is the toughest little guy -he is so strong and handles hard situations with confidence and maturity. I was impressed with his intelligence, his calm relaxes nature and love that he was such an awesome patient during the whole surgery. I am a lucky mama!
surgery. He colored, visited with everybody and was his typical happy self. I saw a little hint of nervousness when the doctors came to wheel him away from me, but not enough nervousness to make him get upset or cry. He just trusted me and took it in stride. The surgery lasted about an hour and they said Kade did great. AS he was coming too, the nurse asked him if he wanted water or juice -he said no, he wanted root beer. Since all the nurses loved him by this point the nurses searched the whole office and found two cans for him. It was nice. Kade healed quickly and was running around by the end of the day. When I go into his room to check on him at night, I don't hear his snoring and it's so crazy. I'm so glad he's sleeping better and hearing better too. Kade is the toughest little guy -he is so strong and handles hard situations with confidence and maturity. I was impressed with his intelligence, his calm relaxes nature and love that he was such an awesome patient during the whole surgery. I am a lucky mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are lucky and so is he. :)
Post a Comment