Tuesday, April 12, 2011
The Sweetest Kid.
Last night, after feeding Carter, I snuck into the boys' room (as I always do when I'm up) to re-cover them with their blankets or to straighten them out in the their beds. After I re-covered both boys and walked out the door, I heard a whisper, "Mom." "Mom." I cracked open the door and poked my head in and whispered, "What?" (I wasn't even sure which boy was calling for me.) But, Kade lifted his head off the pillow and said, "I love you." I told him I loved him too, and he put his head back down and went back to sleep. Kade has thanked me several times for doing his laundry when I've snuck in to put clothes away, but this was the best thing ever! It was so unexpected and so nice to hear. I love this kid! In addition! I went into the boys room several nights later, to, again, check on the boys, straighten them out and re-cover them. When I got to Ben, I started putting his blankets back across him, and he looked up, realized it was me and both arms shot up, opened wide and reached for a hug. I gave him a big hug, kissed him and he rolled over and went back to sleep. Amazing! Both of my boys are just incredible! I am one lucky mama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Adorable. He is so cute.
Oh. My. Goodness. You are raising the most thoughtful, sweet boys. I mean, he's only three!!!!! Crazy.
Post a Comment