Two weeks ago, a Relief Society teacher taught a lesson on Faith, and the lesson seemed to be just for me. I was reminded of things I already knew -and my eyes and heart were opened to something I feel the Lord has been trying to remind me of.
I've mention many times that Carter has been doing better than I had ever dreamed of and better than the majority of children who've had strokes. This fact has had me bewildered. My question to the Lord has been, "What was that trial for? What was I supposed to learn? Carter's fine and so life is back to normal, so what needed to change in my course if it feels like we're still back n the same old same old track?"
The answer came to me during the lesson. The Lord gives us trials to increase our faith -which is what i already knew, and sometimes, he gives us a big trial to help us increase our faith more than we otherwise would if something smaller had happened.
With Carter's stroke, everything pointed us to our Heavenly Father and his power and love. There was no doubt we have the results we have because of Him. So, I can not dispute the fact that my faith grew. And, in my search to know the reason for the trial -so I wouldn't have to take the same test again- I found the simple answer. In a small voice in my head, I heard, "Have even greater faith. And, know that if I will take care of these huge things, that I will and can easily take care of the small things, so, come to me in all things."
I have already been working on trusting my life to the Lord and praying more and asking for help. He, as I knew He would, has already solved problems I've had, and helped me work though things I've been thinking on. I am so grateful to know of my relation to Heavenly Father. I know He loves me, and will help me any time with anything -big or small. I can't begin to express enough gratitude and amazement.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for that reminder. Maybe that is my answer to weight loss this time. I have forgotten that he'll help me get all this under control. I'm so glad Carter is happy and healthy.
What a sweet answer. A good reminder for me. I am stuck a bit myself. Thank you for the spiritual pep-talk. :) (Just trying to decide what to do about buying a house or not.)
That's great, Holly. :) It's always cool when we get those revelatory epiphanies. :)
God really does take excellent care of His children. :)
Post a Comment