Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Amazing Carter!!



Carter has been walking around furniture for a while now. He's started using an end table as a walker to move all around the house. Yesterday, after he dragged the vacuum from room to room as a walking aid, I decided to bring out this little push toy. Both Ben and Kade got this for their first birthdays. I was saving it for Carter's first -only a couple weeks away, but there's no need to wait. As you can see, he's already a pro at using this thing. I shot this video only a few minutes after giving it to him. He's amazing. He has already mastered steering and redirecting. He also climbs up the two little stairs in front and stands up. EEK! He's gonna be falling down a lot in the near future, I think. After his stroke, when I met with the early intervention women, they asked what goal I'd like to work towards. Then, I wasn't sure how and when Carter would ever crawl, and that was our goal. But, Carter has met every milestone on time pretty much and he's on time for walking too. I am amazed at how physical he is all around. He is our amazing Carter.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That is so awesome. What a miracle boy. :)

Brimaca said...

Wow! Who would have thought?! I'm so proud of him. He and D remind me of each other - their mannerisms and the way they move. Makes me love him even more.