Well, the little guy didn't just climb out, he fell out and hit his head REALLY hard on his toy box. This left him with an egg sized bump on the top of his head and a bruise on his cheek. So sad! Joe took the crib down immediately. That was it! No more falling/climbing out for this guy! (The big boy bed was moved out of the boys' room into Carter's room.) So, Saturday night was our first "Big Boy Bed" training night. It went better than I thought.
Nap time Sunday didn't go as easily. It started out pretty normal. I went in and laid him in his bed with a book. He seemed to say, "Okay, I'll go to bed." So, I left the room and shut the door. It was quiet, but I couldn't think of anything he could get into that wasn't "okay". After awhile Ben told me he looked under the door and could see Carter's feet, running around. I went to see. I could see Carter's feet too, as well as a big billowing cloud of baby powder falling to the floor. I burst in the door to stop him, which only made Carter squeeze out one more huge puff of powder.
When facing these situations, you can get upset or grab a camera. I grabbed the camera and counted to ten. After doing a quick, hardly thorough job, I started over with the training. This time staying in the room for awhile. It was better than I thought.
So, hopefully the training will go quickly! Wish me luck.
2 comments:
Wow! That is quite the bump! Sheesh. Silly lil' guy. I hope it goes quick. I had to let D cry a little. I moved everything else out of the room so he had nothing to play with. That seemed to help. I'll send happy, easy sleep thoughts his way. :)
Poor little guy. I hate the big bumps that just grow and grow. :( The baby powder is funny though.
Post a Comment