Thursday, June 14, 2012

Conversations with Carter

I'd be a wealthy woman if I had a dollar for ever time Carter and I had this conversation:
"Mom?"
"What?"
"Um......"
This will happen a million times a day. The "Um" is then followed by words I can't understand, but he sure does try to communicate. :)

Carter will regularly say something that sounds like, "I want this." or "What's this?" Most of his sentences ends with something that sounds like "this". His little voice is the cutest sound ever.

And, every single morning, my Carter alarm wakes me up with a quick succession of, "Mom! Mom? Mooooooom. Mom? Ma-om. Mom? Mom! Mom." followed a brief pause only to repeat again and again. :) It's cute, but I wonder where I can switch it over to "Dad! Dad? Daaaaaaad." He's done it before, so I know there's a Dad button on him somewhere. :)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That is too cute and completely sounds like Simon. :D Now he says 'Momma, what you doin'?' over and over again and follows me around like a puppy.

Brimaca said...

Hehe. I love that. Lil D likes to same "umm" too and it is the custest thing! One tiny sound is so adorable. :) And I know D has a daddy button too..where are those things located?!

Holly or Joe said...

I've never known a kid to say "Um" but you're right -it's seriously cute! But, it teases you into thinking that he's going to say real words next, but he doesn't! Haha. Britt if you find the button let me know!!!

And,Mindy, thanks for the reminder that this phase really does go on for awhile. :) It's been awhile.