There is a song I regularly play in the car among the mix of church music as well as the two local christian radio stations. It is titled "Come to Jesus." It has quickly become one of the boys' and my very favorites. They request it often! Every time this song comes on, the car gets instantly quiet. It's the coolest thing; it just requires reverence. We all sing along. The older boys know every word, and Carter, so far, just listens. (You can listen too HERE!)
It's not rare -at all- for me to cry when I hear beautiful songs, or sing along with them, and I always get choked up hearing my boys sing the words that I know they understand. I make sure to thoroughly explained each phrase to them -they take things so literally, and so I teach them what is really be meant. This song has invoked many questions, and I have gotten to teach the boys a lot of important truths about our Savior.
While driving around town with Joe and my mom, the boys and I sang this particular song, so she could hear them sing so sweetly. At the end of the song, Ben simply and knowingly said, "The Holy Ghost is right here." as he pointed to the center of the car. I told him he was absolutely right. The car was filled! I was grateful Ben recognized the Spirit and thought to mention it's presence. Later at home, I asked he what the Holy Ghost felt like to him, he said, "It's like something is pressing on me." I am more than thankful for personal revelation that led me years ago to change my music from good to best. I am grateful my boys are hearing what they are hearing and more importantly feeling what they are feeling. I am so grateful for all the beautiful music I have to enjoy and share with my boys.
Friday, June 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love this sweet story - and the impression of the spirit that your darling children have.
But I had to laugh when I read the title of your post. In the barney family, a "come to Jesus" moment is usually fraught with intense emotion - usually frustration, anger and plenty of raised voices.
Your "Come to Jesus" sounds much more peaceful ;)
Ha ha on Cami's comment. LOL. And I loved this post. So sweet. That is amazing.
Hahahaha! Cami! You're too funny. And thanks guys!
Post a Comment