When I found out about a race that was made strictly to be fun and not serious, where the runners would be completely dyed, sprayed and painted with paint and colored powder, I was IN! I singed up months ago, and finally the race day came. Mom, Nat and cousin Kirstin joined me, for an incredibly fun time. It was a blustery day, and we were cold until we started running, and laughing and smiling. Then we forgot the cold.
Just after the race. We were colorful, but not colorful enough. Haha. The after party was where we added the most color to our white clothes.
Party after the race! We all got a packet of colored cornstarch to throw at the signature count down to end the race. It was so fun. We were all then covered in color. They blared dance music and we all danced -even mom! We let ourselves have fun, and get covered in more and more crazy fun colorfulness.
I felt young! and more myself. I felt great. I loved the whole experience. I'll do this again, for sure. These crazy, different, FUN things are the sorts of things I want to do more of. They make life a little more interesting and more vivid -literally. I want to be reminded, often, that I am young and fun, and not just a responsible adult with adult worries. I need to feed this happy, energetic, youthful side more. These things make me a better person! I love it!






No comments:
Post a Comment