I've always wanted to come up with a family tradition for Christmas. I wanted to do something more than just matching pajamas, or opening a present on Christmas Eve.I wanted a tradition that would mean more...and highlight Christ. But, over the years, I've kept coming up blank, until this year. YAY! After looking through ideas on the internet, I merged a few ideas together to come up with this.......
25 homemade ornaments (which add a beautiful new texture, shape, and color to our tree) each with a name referring to The Son of God. (There are over 200 names, in case you were wondering.) Each night, the boys will take turns choosing a star off the tree. We'll read the name, ask them "Why they think this would be a name used to refer to Jesus.", then we'll look up a scripture where that particular name is used and talk about how the Savior is that name. I'm so excited! I don't know if I'll make new ornaments with new names, or just use the same one for awhile till the boys really know the names and their meanings.
I am grateful for the inspiration this tradition was. I know it will benefit my boys. I know it will bring the spirit into our home more during the holidays, and I know our focus will be on the right things. I am so excited for December 1st!
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment