Monday, January 28, 2013

SWEDEN!

Joe is now getting his Masters Degree through a program at Lund University in Sweden! All expenses paid -the course and all the travel! What a blessing! It is the most incredible opportunity, and the hand of the Lord was, no doubt, in it all the way. Joe has often talked about wanting to gain a masters degree, but didn't know the right time to spend the all time and money that it would take. When this chance came along, it was an answer to desires of his heart. And, as a perk, the Lord gave him all this, and then made it only available out of the country! Joe has always wanted to travel outside the US, and here's his chance to go (on three separate occasions) FREE! The Lord is great and wants to bless us in all things -not just the important things, like getting a degree, but also in the ability to have an experience you've always wanted. I'm so grateful for this blessing for Joe and our family. 

Joe was in Sweden for 10 days, was able to do a little sight seeing, even though he had class every day, and  it was freezing temperatures outside (January in Sweden -yikes, cold!)
and he had lots of homework. Here are a few of his pictures.

 The main building. Isn't it a beautiful building. Lund is one of Europe's oldest universities, and consistently ranked one of the top 100 universities in the world! Sweet!


 "Ramklints" was a little pastry place I had found on Pinterest, and begged Joe to find and go visit. He obliged me and ate a couple treats here. Oh how I wish I could go there! It looks good.
 His hotel room. Old and European.

 Inside a cathedral near the school.
 The library. Again, beautiful.
This was inside a grocery store. Joe said it was packed as if it were a holiday event, even though it was a regular day. Haha. Fun experience. He brought back goodies for all of us.
 
I am so glad Joe got to go. I was able to talk to him every night just before I went to bed, and right after he woke up that morning. It was interesting to know he was beginning his day while I was falling asleep after mine. We are blessed, and we are grateful! The Lord has been so good to us, and I have no doubt all these things will lead us to greater things. My cup runneth over.

No comments: