Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Fun-Fun-Fun!

What a fun Easter! This was the first year I did anything, really, for Ben. I figured now he could really grasp the idea of an Easter egg hunt and the Easter bunny. So, Saturday he woke up to me and Joe waiting with an empty basket and tons of enthusiasm. We told him the Easter bunny came and hid eggs, and that he had to find them all. So, he did. Granted, I "hid" the eggs in pretty obvious spots around the house, and he looked and hurried and had the best time. He found them all...with all little help...and, then at the end of the hunt, we told him the Easter bunny had hidden a basket of presents. I hid it behind his "big boy chair", and we "helped" (meaning we told) him where to find it, and he did.

We dyed eggs a little later, and he LOVED it. I love seeing all of his "firsts". It was totally fun and Ben enjoyed it. I have always wanted to be the Easter bunny, or tooth fairy, or Santa, and now I have a kid old enough to anticipate, and get excited, and remember what's gonna "happen tomorrow", ie...the Easter bunny's coming tomorrow.


Sunday, we watched shows about Jesus, and he learned about the Resurrection in nursery. I am grateful for our Savior and that fact that we can live again because of his sacrifice. What a blessing to have the knowledge of the atonement in our lives. I hope everyone had a great Easter holiday!

3 comments:

Brimaca said...

M loved it too. We had a great time. They can be so much fun at this age.

Britney said...

That seems like so much fun! I bet it was SO cute to see Ben all excited and finding the eggs everywhere! What an awesome time for him, I'm sure! Those seem like some great traditions you are starting with your family! =)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

So cute! You were always so creative and thoughtful and I can see you still are especially when it comes to your adorable kids. I always knew you'd be an AMAZING mother. :)