Today, I taught my first lesson to the VERY FUNNY 9-10 year olds. They were talkative, yet interested in the lesson. It was great. The lesson was on Capt. Moroni and putting on the whole armor of God. I found this------> poster and knew it would be perfect to give as a prize for a "challenge".
The challenge was to say each part of the armor and what it stood for. (shield= faith, etc.) The kids went ballistic over trying to win the prize. (Which only cost .75 cents. There's one boy who always knows every answer and I assumed he'd win it easy. He didn't; and, a kid I hadn't even thought would be in the running, won it hands down. I was so happy for him to get it. It boosted his confidence.
Anyway, I love the kids. I already know all their names, and it SO WEIRD to be called "Sister Harris" -it makes me feel old. :) Anyway, great lesson, great class, and sharing time is a hoot --I am excited to have this calling!
5 comments:
They are going to love you. I know that because you already love them. That is great!
I'm very happy for you and your band of warriors. Captian Moroni is the bomb!
Yay! It's such a great age. They still want to please you but also want to be cool. It's funny to watch them try and me both characters.
I'm glad your first lesson went well. That would be a fun lesson to teach. :)
good job sister! glad it went well. The new kadeism picture is so dang cute AHH!
Teaching primary is awesome , i have always taught younger kids tho, nursery sunbeams and 5 year olds. I cry all the time in sharing time because I love the primary songs!
Post a Comment