Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First REAL Word!!

Kade has been making lots of sounds for awhile now. (I think he's gonna be as verbal as Ben, if you can imagine that.) His sounds have included mama and dada, but he's never said any "word" trying to mean something. (I determine a first word by if the kid means it, not just makes the sound of a word.)But yesterday, he finally said a word and, we believe, he meant what he was saying.

I was holding Kade and Joe came in the room. Kade looked at him and started saying, "Dada, dada, dada, dad, dada, dad, dad, dada."
Joe and I were thinkin' "cool", but weren't extremely excited till he pointed at and reached out for Joe, all the while saying, "Dada, dada, dada."

Joe left the room again, and Kade went on babbling to me, never once saying "Dada". But, sure enough, when Joe walked back in the room, that was the only word Kade would say. Yay Kade!! Your first word!

Funny How Everything is Equal.
I picked the name Ben (which Joe didn't care for at the time).)
Joe picked the name Kade (which I didn't care for at the time.)
Ben looks like me.
Kade looks like Joe.
Ben's first word (that he meant) was "Mama".
Kade's first word (that he meant) was "Dada".
And neither boy has a "parent preference" -they are just as happy with one or the other.
Pretty cool....watching -and hearing- the kids grow up!

6 comments:

Lalani said...

How exciting! And how cute that it worked out that way with your boys. It's so nice to have 2 so that you can both have your name be first, and so on. :)

Wendy said...

The boy is growning up. Yea and at the same time a bit sad.

Boaz and I watched TV this morning. He snuggled in right next to me. Something I used to be able to control. Now it depends on his mood. At the same time, he came in just now and said he was hungry. I sent him off to the fridge to get his own yogurt. Every stage is fun.

Brimaca said...

That's cool! Yay Kader-bum. M just walked in and said, "That's BenBen and BenBen's house."

njohnson said...

YAYAY Kaders- how dang cute.

Brimaca said...

What is it with your kids and talking anyway? Caleb says it cause you talk a lot :) but so do I and my kids aren't quite as verbally ahead as yours.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

That is SO cute! I love the picture of Kade and Joe together. What a good daddy to snuggle his little guy. :)