Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back To School!

Ben picked his clothes out, even the perfect pair of undies. He wore the new light up shoes which Grandma bought and had his same old favorite back pack. He was feeling pretty good and confident. He looks so big, but so little. (His shirt is a 5t and a little big, but it's new and he picked it.)
Ben started back at preschool today! For a couple days it wasn't a sure thing that Ben's preschool would be running this year -they didn't know if they would have enough students. But it did open, and I am more than thrilled. I love this preschool and love the teachers!! They moved locations and the preschool is closer to our home and literally a block from Joe's office! LOVE THAT!
Ben had no problem, at all, just walking in. Miss Kate was the first person we saw when we walked in-which was awesome, since she's the best. And, Ben's best little friend Parker came running over to see Ben. It was a great welcome. Ben had missed Parker. (we've only seen him a few times over the summer.) Kade stated several times that he wanted to go to preschool too, or "stay with Ben". It's hard to feel so big and not be allowed to do the same things. But, Kade was fine when I had to tell him he couldn't stay.
All in all, it was a no drama, easy move back into a school year. I am so glad he's back having social experiences and learning new things -this year the kids will learn a little violin basics, voice lessons, gymnastics and tumbling!!! Love this school!! So , glad we're back!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Wow! That preschool is so awesome. And I can't believe how well Ben dresses himself. He's so cute.

Holly or Joe said...

Thanks, he even asked me first -"Does this look all right?" it was cute. Joe is constantly shaking his head in disbelief that a four year old "boy" is so into clothes. I kinda like it.