I know I rarely get on to blog anymore, but i need to every now and then to write things down for journaling sake.
I hope I never come off as a braggart, but I always find my boys amazing and, so , I like to blog about their sweet spirits.
Ben, thinks a lot about adult things already. He often talks about the things he'll do as an adult, and who he'll marry. Lately he's been saying, "I want to be a righteous dad", and then he'll explain how he'll be righteous. THe first time he said this, I said, "That's wonderful. That's exactly what your children will need."
He said, "Yeah, I'll tell them, 'You don't always get what you want. But, you can have lunch if you want.' "
"You don't always get what you want" is something Joe and I have said several times in the last little while. I guess Ben figures this is a righteous thing to teach. (I agree. Sometimes you just get what you need. ;) )
Then, today, Ben learned about "Being Kind" at church. And, boy did he ever learn this lesson. He came home and applied his lesson to EVERYTHING. He made clear choices to choose the right and share and let things go without getting mad, and to help everyone. He's so good. I just love him.
Kade has been very verbally sweet lately, which he usually isn't. He hugs and kisses, but, for example, everytime I say, "Kade, I love you." he'll reply, "Thanks" instead of "love you too." THis is fine to me -he's a physically lovey boy which is great. But lately he's just out of nowhere been telling me, before I say anything, that he loves me. It's awesome.
And, lately Kade has been making up songs for the baby. He'll just start singing, and he's songs will make sense! It's amazing. Usually he says things like, "I love the baby......in your belly...." It's so funny. He's just sweet and too cute! Love these boys!!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Share all you want. I love to hear these things! They are adorable.
Post a Comment