Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ben....more stories.

Again, this blog is mostly a journal, and I have to write these things down.

The other day, Joe brought home a forest hat for Ben. (I guess someone ordered a "youth" size by mistake, so it had been sitting there for awhile. Well, a guy -Micah- suggested that Joe take it home, 'cause it might fit Ben.) Ben thanked Joe, and Joe told him how Micah thought it might fit him (Ben) and suggested he (Joe) take it home. Ben said, "That was nice of him. What can we do for a 'thank you' gift, for him?" I had just made cookie dough and suggested we make cookies; Ben liked that idea.

Also, about a month ago, a fire fighter Joe works with got dehydrated while out on a fire, and Joe had told Ben how a guy at work had to go to the hospital 'cause he got sick. So, after suggesting we make cookies for Micah, Ben added, "Maybe we can make some for Chris too." (as a 'get well' sort of thing.) Sweet kid.

Yesterday, Grandma came up to visit just for the day. She thought up a word game for Ben to play with her, where, if he made words, he could earn money. He earned two dollars, and we told him we'd go to the store, and he could look for something to buy.

When we got to the store, Grandma said, "Remember Ben, you have two dollars. That means you can buy something that is two dollars."Text Color
He said, TOTALLY on his own, "OR!, I can give one of my dollars to Kade, and then he can have one and I can have one!"

Grandma and I both said what a wonderful, thoughtful, nice idea that was. He blows me away!!! Love this guy!

3 comments:

Lalani said...

What a sweetheart. And a great big brother.

Wendy said...

You have truely taught him well. Sometimes I don't even think of thank yous like your Ben does. I need to learn from him. :)

Brimaca said...

I love when Malachi decides to share with Lib on his own. I beam with pride every time. We are raising sweet boys. :) I wish they go to see each other more often.