Friday, September 17, 2010

Perfect Timing!!

I still have this urge to "get stuff done" and prepare more and more before the baby comes. One things I've really wanted to do was prepare great "freezer friendly" meals and stock up my freezer to serve as our dinners afterwards. Freezer meals can be kept frozen for up to three months. (According the recipes I've found.) I'll be in heaven if I don't have to worry about every meal for awhile.
Well a couple days ago, I had searched the Internet for some freezer meals and wasn't able to find too many that were .....what I was looking for. (Some were too time consuming, or had no picture for reference, or were too complicated/expensive ingredient wise, etc.) So, I quit looking. I figured I'd look another day.
While shopping today, I found the Sept./Oct. issues of Taste of Home -a little recipe book. (I love recipes!) The title is Fall Freezer Meals: includes 28 EASY casseroles!! HELLO! This is exactly what I was looking for!!! Plus the book gives me advice on freezing and instructions, which I hadn't found online. Sweet!
I read through some of the pages and saw that they were easy, normal real life ingredients -most I already use or buy or have on hand. Perfect! It also gives some hearty soup and stew recipes that will feel so comforting during the Fall and Winter.
I have always believed that Heavenly Father loves us and helps us in all things.....even little things that aren't hugely worrisome, bothersome or stressful. He helps us with ALL THINGS! And, truly is there to make our lives better and happy. I am grateful for Him and now this chance to get even more prepared for the baby. WHOO!!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

I need that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy said...

Great find. I need to check out those magazines. Thanks.