Sunday, November 14, 2010

He's Here!!!!

Carter James Harris is here! He is beautiful and amazing. How did the world ever exist without him?

Here are a few highlights -pictures will come soon.

--We checked into the hospital at 7:30am and things progressed slowly until they broke my water at 3pm. I got an epidural -(Thank you sooo much to whom ever invented the epidural, it's heaven sent.) and, things moved quickly. The whole labor and delivery was a little over ten hours. (Ben and Kade were both 12 hrs.)
--Once I was ready to push, I only pushed for 15 min., which is way faster than with either of the other boys (I pushed for an hour with both Ben and Kade.) He came out facing up and peed on the doctor. (Which is just what Kade had done.)
--They put him instantly up to my chest, and I held him while Joe cut the cord and the nurses cleaned him off. He was perfect in every way. He was 8lbs 2oz and 20 1/2 inches long. His head was a beautiful, perfect shape.
--He never had to leave the room- all of the equipment was in my room, which was wonderful too. His APCARR (?) score was 8 then 9 -which is perfect!
The nurses and doctor were wonderful, and I am thankful to have had great people taking care of me and little Carter. I am expecting to heal much quicker this time; delivery was easier on my body this time around. Whoo.
-- Aunt Nattie was able to hear Carter be born from the hallway. And held him before heading out of town.
--Grandma Lana, who babysat the boys all day, brought Ben and Kade in to meet Carter. They LOVED him. Thanks Mom!!!!
I have to find the camera and upload pics -then you'll all get to see him! We are so glad he's here!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Yea! Congratulations on your beautiful boy. I can't wait to meet him. Wish I was closer.

Love you.

April said...

Congratulations!!!

I am so glad you have your own little Carter and may the Lord bless you that yours is calmer than mind. :)

I am glad that everything went well and that he is here and perfect. I love you and I wish I was close enough to help.

Can't wait to see pictures!!

Lalani said...

Congratulations! I am SO happy for you and excited to meet little Carter. Love and hugs from us. YAY!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

So happy for you and your adorable family! Tell Joe I said Congrats too! I can tell from the pictures above that he's a proud daddy ;)

Mary Ann said...

Terrific story. I like the part about peeing on the DOctor, I've never heard of that before. I am glad he is here and you are both safe.