Ben was telling me that he doesn't like to play with girls -"...just boys play with boys and girls play with girls!" Okay. But then Kade pops in and says, "I like girls." I asked, "You do?" He said, "Yeah. But, not when they kiss me."
I asked, "Who's been kissin' ya?"
Kade replied, "Isabella. Oh, and Ashley. And Codera (Codey)."
"They did? At preschool?"
"Yeah. The teacher said, 'No kissing in preschool.' So, I pushed 'em away."
"Do you ever kiss the girls?"
"No, but I hug them."
"Okay, hugging is nice, but we don't need to kiss girls now, huh."
"Nope."
This reminded me of a story from when Joe was little. I guess when he was three or four a little girl of the same age literally attacked him, held him down and kissed and kissed and kissed him forever. His mom and the girl's mom were laughing and thought it was cute, so they didn't stop her. He was traumatized. ;) Maybe Kade's inherited Joe's allure. :) We'll see. Eek!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a cutie! I love this time of year at school. All of my 1st graders start "falling in Love" with each other. They change their minds every few days or so, but it's fun to watch:)
The greatest part is that he is so matter-of-fact about the whole thing. I love that.
Those little hussy girls. You and Joe need to brainstorm ideas on how to protect your cutie.
I am laughing hysterically. Oh. My. Goodness. I can't wait to laugh with you over the phone about this.
Post a Comment