I want to thank everybody again for everything. (There are so many things people have done, that I'll have to thank you all individually as I have the time to make a treat or something.)There is no doubt in my mind we have been blessed from the all prayers said on our behalf. I have never felt so lifted and strengthened. I know that having Carter's name in the temple, no doubt, helped him recover as well as he has. I am just more thankful than I can say for all the many things that were done for us. THANK YOU!!! We love you all!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
The Latest....
We are finally home and so happy to be. We were there for a full week. My bed never felt so comfy as it did last night -i'm sure Joe and the boys felt the same. Tuesday, the doctors did a last minute test that was more just a bonus test -they just wanted to check on "one little thing" and then we'd be going home. The test was an ultra sound of the brain where the inject microscopic bubbles in to the blood stream and then they listen to the bubbles moving around. Well, as they did the ultrasound, they heard/saw something that led them back to the heart. So, they DID find a hole in his heart. They are not too worried that a stroke will happen again -long story- so hopefully that's true. They usually don't do surgery to fix this particular hole, a "PFO"-apparently, and 1/3 of adults has this and never knows. The docs found no other clots in his legs that could make their way up, so they figure aspirin is good enough to help any clotting problems long term. Still, i feel a little like there's something hanging over my head -again, it's just another test for my faith that the Lord is going to keep him safe. Carter is a little weaker on his left side and sometimes has to think about it a little before he makes a move, but overall I think he's doing really well. We will start talking to "early intervention" rehabilitation to help his brain figure out how to get around the injured brain. There is a considerable section of brain affected, yet, there's high hopes that not all of it is "dead", hopefully just "stunned" or "sick". We go back up to SLC on the 19th for a follow up, and we'll probably all be at church Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAY! So glad you're home. You're amazing. Stay strong. Keep the faith. You're doing great. Prayers are amazing.
Holly,
Hey, we'll be passing through St. George tomorrow, on our way to Vegas. Would it be okay if we stopped in?
I've just been getting updates through the grapevine (and this blog), but I feel like I've been... kinda negligent. I hope you don't feel I've been ignoring you guys since last Friday.
Anyway, I'm glad you guys made it home, and I'm grateful for the many miracles that have happened in relation to this. Here's hoping it continues. :)
We love you guys! The kids have prayed for you too!
Oh, and we'd just be stopping for a quick visit--just to see how you're all doing. No spending the night, or anything.
Sleeping in your own bed and showering in your own bathroom. That is the best!
We will keep Carter in our prayers. Sure love you.
I've been dying to talk to you about the PFO because that's what my mom had. When she did have surgery on it, it was in and out the next day. I love you and I miss you and am so glad I was able to see you. At the moment my cellphone is lost....just FYI.
Post a Comment