Monday, August 22, 2011

Ben's First Day of Kindergarten!!

At home before heading out.



Outside the school -a little bit sunny, and quite the squinty face, but cute nonetheless.

Sitting in class getting to work! He's just a good kid. This is Ben's "really mom, another picture?" face. :) Today Ben started Kindergarten!! YAY!! It was awesome. Joe has Mondays off, so he too got to be there to drop Ben off at class.




(A few weeks ago, we found out Ben had gotten into the charter school we thought he'd never get into. His lottery number had been high, and we though there was no chance. Yet, a week before school, he was accepted!! It's quite the commitment for him to being going there, but well worth it.)

We had already met his teacher so he wasn't nervous to be back in class. Plus, a little girl he knew (and had a crush on) from his first year of preschool was there! He already has a built in friend, and she's a cute one ta boot. :) Ben sat down right away and got to work, as instructed. Joe and I both got a quick kiss goodbye and we were off. Although, we wander the halls to tour the school.

I am so excited for Ben to be starting school, he's a super smart kid and he wants to learn everything. A whole new world starts for us all with our first kid entering elementary school.

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

I wish M was going there. I'm not too happy with his school. I let you know more about it next time we talk.

Camille said...

Wow he's huge! And in school! So much fun!