As part of our new family chore system, the boys can earn points, each day, when they spend time doing their "Personal Goal". The boys pick a goal and they must stick with that one goal for a month. This month both boys chose to practice boxing with dad. This is not just fun; Joe has them doing actual drills and they must give him their attention, listen and work hard. It's different than just horsing around with dad. There's no doubt Joe, Ben and Kade really enjoy this.
Kade is a natural! He's always moving. And when he boxes, he naturally bounces lightly on his toes, which is prefect for a boxer. His instincts are awesome, and he picks up the drills really quickly. He keeps his hands up, ducks out of the way of an oncoming pad, and hits with power behind the punch.
Ben enjoys the boxing, and he loves learning how to fight -the right way. I think he loves the way Joe teaches and gives awesome feed back and cheers them on. He is a little more stiff when punching, but he's getting better.
Carter wanted to be right in the thick of things, but of course, these are not meant to be "play" time, so I try to distract Carter or take him away.
And, as a little side note, Joe is a great dad, not to mention SO attractive! He just looks so hottie when he's doing anything like martial arts or boxing. I love watching him do anything like this. I know he wishes he could use his martial arts skills more often, and hopefully the boys are getting to an age that they'll listen, and he can actually start teaching them. I hope the boys will choose this as their goal for next month too. They are just fun to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment