Ben and Kade did such a good job on their pinatas. They were excited to get to pull a string and eat some of the candy after their lunches.
The next project was taking apart Dinosaur Eggs! While in Cedar I hit up an obliging mountain for a few shovels full of dirt and then sand to make this recipe for dinosaur eggs. (I baked mine for 10mins at 200 degrees to help dry them out. It's been pretty humid lately.) They were rock hard on the outside. I was a little worried that the boys would need more than the popsicle stick I'd given them to "dig". But, nope! They were solid but softer inside and were easy to dig through once the outer shell was broken through. SO COOL! Each dinosaur egg had a little dinosaur in it, and the boys all loved that. I may just use this idea for other things later. So easy, and SO fun.
Clay Tower building. The I made homemade clay (2c flour, 2c warm water, 1c salt, 2tbls veg oil, 1tbls cream of tarter -optional but awesome. Combine in pan, stir and cook over med-high heat till the clay isn't sticky.) This is the best recipe I've found for clay, and I've used a couple over the years. :) I don't know a kid who doesn't love clay. I gave them cut straws to use to build towers -or whatever their little hearts wanted.
ROBOTS! Sooooo fun! The pictures speak for themselves. Clean empty cans covered in random things (with magnets attached to them) to create funny faced robots. Then they can take them apart and do it all again. When I first saw this idea on pinterest I knew it was something my boys would love -especially Kade, so I knew it was meant to be for Fun Day. Each boy received two robots and lots of different robot pieces, like: plastic lids, screws, eyes, pipe cleaner hair, metal washers, clothes pins etc. (I gave the boys a warning to not let littler kids get a hold of these robot parts.) These robots have already given Ben and Kade a ton of entertainment.
Carter even got in on the fun this time. He didn't stay in the chair too long. And, he prefered throwing everything off his highchair anyway. But, it's "fun" day -not "follow the rules" day. ;)
1 comment:
Awesome. I love it. I love it. I love it.
Post a Comment