Today was our family's last full Sunday in our fabulous 18th ward. This is the ward that we moved to just awhile before we had Ben and now, over two years later, we have Kade and are on our way to a "family" ward. Yet this ward has been our family! We have loved being with all the amazing people there! We have made great friends and have grown a lot.
It's a hard move --especially for me, but I know its time and good things are ahead. I will miss seeing the beautiful faces of the amazing women I've come to look forward to seeing every Sunday. I have been blessed to get to meet the "cream of the crop", the "best of the best" and I won't ever forget all I've gained by rubbing shoulders with them.
Change can be good...and I'm crossin' my fingers for a similar experience in our new ward.
We will be missing our wonderful 18th ward, come March 23, when we're not there. :(
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's hard to say goodby, but there will be amazing people for you to find. It might take a while, but be prayerful and you will meet some best friends.
I'm sure this chapter will be a blessing too.
It will be great! If not, at least it's a little trial. I always try to remember I'd rather have some trials than others...you know what I mean?
Time for a new thigh picture! I've decided his thighs were a two and Libby's are a four. They are huge!
;)
I love the Benism. He is so cute.
And you now how I feel about the understanding your toddler thing.
How sad! The good thing is... you will still keep in touch with the close friends that you have made! I'm glad that we all still get together, it makes me feel connected. You're a great friend, and you will make a difference in this new ward.
I guess the idea behind college wards is a transitionary stage any, but you're right, the ward won't be the same without you. I think, other than the Walkers, we have been in the ward the longest once you guys leave.
I hope you also realize that we have learned just as much (if not more, in my case) than you have from us. I also hope you know I am always "just down the road" from you and would come running in a heart beat for you. Your new ward is so lucky to have you guys! We love you!
Post a Comment