Now, the Potty Traing Adventure is going very well! No more #1 accidents to report. Ben is even telling me at night that he has to go....but, aw the poop...and more poop! In the book i've read and from the words of wise mothers who have gone before me, getting them to go #2 in the toilet is the hardest part, and its' unpredictable. Yay!-(sarcastic). This has proven true in Ben's case. It has been almost a week of our Potty Training Adventure and he's has had six poopoo accidents (three were in one day -sheesh!) I feel like there's a pooping time bomb waiting to go off at any minute.
Now I know this is not the most exciting or even entertaining topic to post about -But, this is my life these days, so it's what ya get. ;D Still, all is going well, and hopefully we will be celebrating a #2 in potty VERY soon. Everyone fast and pray for me! (Wink wink)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
he he. I'll at least try to pass my thoughts on to Ben, "Please poop in the potty, please poop in the potty." I bet he heard me and he'll do it!
OMGosh, I am so there with you Holly, but it is with my son Jonah who is 4 -- seriously, he refuses to poop on the potty still. He will poop in a diaper on cue, he will poop his favorite pair of undies, but no way is he pooping on that potty! I am at my wits end . . . I don't know what to do. Keep us posted . . . if anything awe inspiring happens -- I need all the help I can get in this matter with baby #3 arriving in just three months! ACK!!!
Well, I have just the OPPOSITE problem. Austin is COMPLETELY poop potty trained but he still has pee accidents. Although, I think I'll take the pee accidents to the poop accidents. GOOD LUCK!!
With Boaz I let him go commando for a few days. No underwear to poop in. He couldn't just poop on the floor, so he started to head for the potty. Of course, I didn't let him get too far away from me for the entire time.
You could still have him try and fart and listen for the poop in there. Seriously you can hear it. Gross, but effective.
Mandy- I will let ya know if anything works.
Mindy -I totally agree with you -I'd take pee accidents over poo ones any day!
Wendy -I have encouraged "trying to fart" every time since you gave me that idea when he first started ...and I think he knows I'm trying to trick him into really going poop. I never thought I'd say "Try to fart Ben" everyday for a week. It's soo funny what a mother's life is all about sometimes. ;)
How do little boys know when their mothers are trying to trick them? And before they are three years old even?
I tell ya, the poop thing is when you go all out for ice cream and sprinkles. Maybe you could try that. Tell him if he poops in the potty you will take him to McDonalds or DQ or to get his favorite treat. I'm all for bribery at this point. He has to want the prize really bad though. Something special.
Post a Comment