Kade: "Hey Dada, thanks for paying for the house." (He's said this at least once a day the last four days.) This comes from him asking me, "Why does Dada go to work?" I answered, "He works so he can pay for the house, and pay for food etc, etc." Kade thought to thank Joe, all on his own. Love him!
Ben: "You're a cute little mama." This compliment came early one morning when I was not at all looking cute. Thanks Ben.
A couple days ago, Ben was sounding out a book, and when Joe walked by he heard him and sat down with him to help guide this attempt at reading. Now, over the past three days, Ben has been trying to "read"....he sounds out words, but also guesses, and sometimes he's looses patience, but we're starting the real reading process. Cool!!
Two days ago, Kade comes up to me -half naked- and announces that he "peed and pooped in the potty". I went to the potty -it was empty; I checked his bum (he had pooped) and when seeing a diaper on the floor, I feared it was dirty. But, there was nothing in the diaper....which meant he had in fact pooped in the potty, and since he's peed a million times in the potty I had no doubt he had done that as well. He's practically trained himself!
I have been waiting to potty train till after this baby comes (which is 8 days away -at most) when I won't mind, half as much, bending down to clean up accidents. So, potty training for real will start soon. (There's still obvious practice and teaching we need to do yet.)
Friday, November 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your boys are so dang cute. I love that Kade is interested in potty training. I was not very good at that part of motherhood. I frequently lost my patience or templer or both. :(
Boaz asked me this morning if he could call me "M". I said no. He has decided we are all just initials. Crazy boy. :)
Ben is the ultimate sweetheart.
What sweet boys you have, and there is no doubt your next one will be just as sweet:) I think it comes from the parents!
I also wanted to let you know that when we taught Camrynn to read we used this book called 'Teach your Child to Read in 100 days'. You take 15-20 minutes a day and sure enough it teaches them to read! It is very simple and works wonderfully. We bought ours used on line and paid less than $15 for the book. Just in case your interested:)
Thanks for sharing the cute stories.
I LOVE your boys! Wow on all accounts. I'm excited for Libby to marry such a sweet boy.
Post a Comment