Both boys have colds and have the worst runny noses I've ever seen! We are constantly wiping noses, every two seconds, all day long! NOT JOKING! Ben's little nose is all dried out and cracky from the roughness of the tissue, and Kade is getting use to the sucky ball thing constantly sucking everything out. (Ben doesn't mind that too much.) Fun stuff -let me tell ya. I thought about posting pics....but then thought, "Nah -I don't think people need a literal visual of what our latest "boogie nose"entails. "
I know things could be worse, and I'm really not even complaining. A little cold is nothing compared to the flu, or tubes in ears, and other things you all have been dealin' with lately, and I feel dumb for even mentioning these colds, but I still hate seeing the boys uncomfortable, feverish, not sleeping well and just not being themselves. Sicknesses always seem to come on fast and furious, and all we can do is buy tons of tissue, keep on top of the fevers and wait it out.
Well, that's what my life's consisted of for the last couple days --runny noses and an all around sleep deprived, grouchy family. Fun, Fun, Fun. Fingers crossed that it won't be too much longer.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, no! Boogie noses! Those are my least favorite things. Not only do they fight it every time you have to wipe, but they also dry over or can't breathe. I feel for you!
I also have to remind you that you are a very silly girl! You obviously don't remember having the conversation about me being very distantly related to the Hafens. I do have some 1st cousins that are Hafens, but I believe they are a different clan. That being said, is the place you were referring to Barclay? My parents were out there last summer for a big shin-dig, but I was nursing Kai and I was afraid that I wouldn't have anywhere to pump or a place out of the wind and sun for Kai (she was only a couple months) so I didn't go. I still wish I would have though.
Megan--I did remember our having a Hafen conversation....i just couldn't remember exactly the details or what the distance was in hafen relationship...but now it's fresh. It seems my memory has been the first thing to go with my old age. You're awesome. And I might be going back to barclay in July.....I haven't been there since 11 years old.
Poor guys! Runny noses are the most annoying things in the world - especially when you are trying to sleep! I hope they don't last too long - that's the pits!
I hate runny noses. They have such a hard time sleeping and the crusted nose always makes me feel so bad for them. Poor babies! And poor mommies!
Are you ready for the seasons!!!!! I am quiting my job, so I will be home all day! With all of our boys we should go to the park sometimes.
Oh I HATE colds! They are the worst. Everytime Austin has had a cold I'm just as miserable as he is. I feel so bad for you especially with Kade being so little still when he can't tell you stuff. Even with dealing with tubes in the ears, colds suck just as badly. I will keep you all in my prayers. Sorry to hear that they are sick. Hope all will be well soon.
Oh and I don't know if you have ever tried it, but Aquaphor for babies is great for the sore noses. I use it on Austin everytime he gets a runny nose and also on his cheeks when they get chapped. It seems to help heal noses and cheeks rather quickly.
Post a Comment