
So Monday I got a call, where I was told "The bishopric would like to meet with you tomorrow...." ~ so, obviously I hung up knowing that I was about to receive a calling.
I do already have one, but it isn't too time consuming, and it's pretty low key. So sure, I could take on another assignment. I was excited, but it's funny how things start popping into your head like...."please don't let it be this calling, or that calling." But at the same time you feel excited to start something new no matter what it is.
Well, I went and was given the calling as a Primary Teacher for ages 9-10! (I LOVE that age too.) I was excited even more than I expected. I wasn't scared at something so unfamiliar as Primary. (Uh how longs has it been? 16-17 years!)
I have taught R.S. before and loved teaching -so, the teaching part doesn't worry me. Plus, I get to do FUN stuff to teach the kids, and won't have to be too rigid, as you might need to be for the adult classes.
AND, Ben will start Sunbeams, as a three year old, in five months, so I will at least get to see him in there when he takes that first big step into "Big-Kidom"
I am excited and will probably start here in the next couple weeks. Yay!
I do already have one, but it isn't too time consuming, and it's pretty low key. So sure, I could take on another assignment. I was excited, but it's funny how things start popping into your head like...."please don't let it be this calling, or that calling." But at the same time you feel excited to start something new no matter what it is.
Well, I went and was given the calling as a Primary Teacher for ages 9-10! (I LOVE that age too.) I was excited even more than I expected. I wasn't scared at something so unfamiliar as Primary. (Uh how longs has it been? 16-17 years!)
I have taught R.S. before and loved teaching -so, the teaching part doesn't worry me. Plus, I get to do FUN stuff to teach the kids, and won't have to be too rigid, as you might need to be for the adult classes.
AND, Ben will start Sunbeams, as a three year old, in five months, so I will at least get to see him in there when he takes that first big step into "Big-Kidom"
I am excited and will probably start here in the next couple weeks. Yay!
8 comments:
You will be such a good primary teacher! That is exciting.
I don't know where your last post went... I had time to read but not to comment. And I just wanted to say that I think you are great! You are one of the most service oriented, selfless and open minded people I know. You are great and I so glad that I know you.
That's so fun!You will be an amazing primary teacher. Jacob and I have been in the nursery twice and we taught Sunbeams for like a year too. That was pretty challenging since they have like a 2 second attention span, but they were cuties. :) Good luck! 9-10 year olds at least have an attention span.
Holly you will be the best Primary Teacher ever. I am so excited for you. Good luck!!!
Holly you will be the best Primary Teacher ever. I am so excited for you. Good luck!!!
Yea! and they can read. It's so cute when they have their own scriptures and are learning how to use them. This will be great. I know you will have tons of fun.
That's the cub scout age I have so we'll be able to compare stories. I love that age. They can be obnoxious but at least they are funny!
Holly I'm really excited about blurb.com and publishing my blog. It's a neat website. Check it out!
Wow! I've been thinking about how I could publish my blog into a book. Instant scrapbooking. Have you tried it? This sounds very interesting.
Post a Comment